We’ve already shared some tips on taking full advantage of Cozi to do lists, like adding to do list items to your calendar and using the starter lists and planning checklists from Cozi’s List Library.
Here are few more tips for getting things done with Cozi to do lists:
- As soon as you remember something you need to do, but can’t accomplish right away, add it to your master to do list. Bonus: Use the Cozi app on your mobile phone to jot down a task whenever and wherever you think of it.
- Overwhelmed by a long list of to dos that never seems to end? Prioritize your list with time-based headings. One idea: create TODAY, THIS WEEK, and LATER headings within your master list. (Remember that if you enter a list item in all caps, it will appear as a heading in your list.) Then drag and drop your to do items under the right heading. Now your list isn’t so daunting.
- Spend time at the beginning of each day or once a week to re-prioritize the list and select which tasks to tackle that day. What works for you? One? Two? Five?
- Add a date to a to do list item and it will magically appear on your calendar as an extra reminder. For example, if you need to sign up for swimming lessons on a specific day or else your child won’t get a spot, add “Sign up for swim lessons 6/6” and the item will show up on that calendar day!
- Send the entire list to your phone. Or, send it to a family member to get it done ;).
- If your kids like using Cozi (smart kids!), create morning routine and bedtime routine lists or a chore list. Let Cozi remind them to brush their teeth and make their bed.
More ways to use to do lists
- Forgot to renew your driver’s license this year? Waited too long to schedule your kids’ physicals to be beat the summer rush? For those appointments that don’t occur on a specific date each year (and therefore aren’t on your calendar), but need to happen in a specific month each year, create a to do list with category headings (all caps, remember?) for each month, i.e., JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH, etc.
- Don’t limit your use to only things you need to do. Cozi lists are great for packing lists (no more getting to the hotel and realizing your forgot your swimsuit and sunglasses), resolutions (sorry, you won’t be able to use the excuse of forgetting what they were come April), books you’d like to read, ideas for your upcoming remodel, and more!
How do you use Cozi to do lists to get things done?