This spring I faced down two older kids on swim team, a job, AND a four year old -- all at the same time. Here's how I did it:
- First, I printed out the team schedule BEFORE the season started. Dates, times, locations, the works.
- Next, I grabbed a gigantic bag of chips and a large bottle of Diet Coke, and cranked up the soundtrack to Glee. Then, I added EVERY SINGLE THING to my Cozi calendar. I admit, this took a while. The chips didn't help, so I recommend against that step for future reference.
- Once I could see the whole season laid out on my calendar, I realized that there was only one "away" meet per week. But I also realized that I'd have to leave work early, AND the meets would go way, way past my 4 year old's bed time.
- So, I called my babysitter and booked her to stay later on "away" meet nights. I didn't have to explain all the dates and times, because she could see it all just by logging in.
- Then, I called my husband and explained that there wouldn't be time to fix dinner at home on meet nights. He agreed to grab his own (he thinks team sports are the bomb), and I decided that the standard swim meet menu of baked potatoes, instant ramen and hot chocolate aren't such bad dinner options after all. (It's freezing here in Seattle when swim season starts.)
How does this help you?
Simple. If you've got a kid in sports, put EVERYTHING related to that sport in Cozi. If you use it for nothing else but this, you are absolutely guaranteed to have a super easy way to keep track of every single game, meet, practice and award ceremony.
Even better, anyone who needs to know what is happening, when and where -- your (older) kids, spouse, babysitter, grandparents -- can see it without YOU having to follow up and make sure they have all the right details.
Have you used Cozi to get on top of your kids' sports schedule? Leave a comment below to be entered to win $1,000!